Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Church's Chicken

I can't actually think of anything useful at all to say today, so I am going to post on the topic that keeps on giving: Sarah Palin. During the election I started reading this blog called Mudflats, which covers Alaska state politics. Perhaps Illinois is more corrupt than Alaska, but it's a tough call. The latest news out there, besides Senator Begich (the fellow who beat Ted Tubes Stevens and the first Democrat to represent Alaska in Congress since Mike Gravel) concerns my main man Levi "Hockey" Johnston. I've always felt kinda bad for the Palin kids. Their parents don't value higher education or even lower education. I always saw those kids being toted around to the various Palin/McCain rallies, so who knows how much book learnin' they were gettin'. And I haven't seen any indication that they can be fit parents to a special needs child. Yeah, I know, the RNC or someone can hire folks to take care of young Trig (/_) Palin. But...parents shouldn't farm off parenting. They just shouldn't.

Speaking of parents, Levi Johnston is one too. Good luck to him; I understand teenage marriages usually fail. Fortunately, he isn't married yet. Anyway, I'm doing an excellent job of circling round this news story.

I shouldn't know the name of Levi Johnston. I shouldn't be reading news stories about him. And Sarah Palin should be trying to keep him - and her other kids - out of the spotlight. But she's corrupt and couldn't resist pulling strings to get him a cushy job. He's going back to finish high school. Good. That's what he should be doing. And I do not want to read about him again. Except I understand that he's getting something like $300,000 for People (?) for baby pictures.

As Bill Maher once declared on his show Real Time, we need to free Levi Johnston. Good luck, Levi, and may you run far far away from Alaska. You can stay in my dorm room if you like. The bed is taken, but the floor is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment